"Work It Out This Lifetime"

Dear eHeads,

Have I got a story for you. If I haven't already mentioned it, I'm writing and self-publishing my first of a series of cookbooks entitled "Raising Chefs...not just good cooks!" I rencetly managed to land the most important meeting thus far with non-other than celebrity Chef G. Garvin from TVOne's "Turning up the heat", this Friday.

I've been going back and forth about the meeting wondering to myself why do I even want to meet with this man, and what will he think of what I'm trying to do with Raising Chefs. It's almost like sliding a demo tape or cd to a high profile music executive, hoping he'll see the potential. And then I ask myself, then what will he be able to do, if anything?

I've asked everyone close to me for advice of how to approach this man. My sources tell me that he is a very down to earth kinda guy. He'll probably set that tone when we meet so I shouldn't over think it too much. Well, I believe it's easier said then done because I want so much to impress him, that he runs back to whom ever and sings about me and what Raising Chefs is all about. That's my hope...before...

Before what you ask...well this past weekend my family and I almost lost our lives. There was and still is a tree hovering over the power line going to our house and somehow another part of the tree fell on another part of the line snapped and pulled it away from the house. Our 3 kids were outside at the time playing in the rain and if that line was a little longer, they wouldn't be here today. After the lights went off I just thought the electricity was off, not knowing there was a live wire cut from the house and exposed. I'm in the breaker box just switching things and I could have gotten electrocuted. As if that wasn't enough, my husband noticed the ceiling fans completely stopped and started back in reverse and went to pull the switch and about 240 volts of electricity went through those fan and the lights got so bright all the bulbs started popping, and he almost received an electric shock as well. 5 close calls, and you better believe we're thanking GOD for that!

So before all of this happened I was worried about the meeting with G. Garvin, but now I'll walk in there and introduce myself along with my family and just work it out. Because this book is my dream and there is nothing anyone can do or say to deter me from accomplishing this dream. I've prayed and still pray for people to be sent my way that could possibly help elevate me a little closer to my reality and if that happens with Mr. Garvin then I except that blessing but if it doesn't then I move on from the experience and try another route. We're given one life and I plan to use my time wisely and live this dream to it's fullest potential.